2015-7-14 TBA Meeting Minutes

Present

John Evans
Harold Kvitek
Ian Harrison
Stephanie Schryba
Bob DeServo
Katja Matthews
Kevin Burke

    Minutes of last meeting read and accepted.
    Kevin currently revamping our website.
    Congratulations to TBA members who took part in Chronicle TV show.
    Big spike in website visitors as a result of Chronicle.
    5 possible Vendors for PF as a result of the press releases.
    Katja to send out e-mail re. membership dues as brochure will soon be printed.
    Harold confirmed he is available for the Pumpkin festival.
    For Picnic Stephanie will do main course and the shrimp, Attendees bring side dish or dessert.
    Liz has sent email to membership re. the Picnic on August 11th.
    9 more paying vendors for PF received.
    26 membership dues received.
    Discussion re. advertising the TBA businesses on Public Radio.
    Clog dancers to appear at PF.
    Discussion re. musicians for PF.
    Have individual business brochures available at TBA tent at the PF.
    Have two meetings in October. The 6th and the 13th starting at 6.30pm.
    Send out minutes during the week following the meeting.

        Next meeting is the Picnic at Liz and Ian's on August 11th as per the email

Minutes of 9th June 2015 meeting

 
Present
Walter Meyer
Celina Ayers
Katja Matthews
Beth Ann Agostini
Kevin Burke
Stephanie Schryba
Steve McConnel
Ian Harrison
Rodney Rawson
 
  • 25 paid membership dues received.
  • 8 Pumpkin Festival Vendors paid for 10 spaces
  • Walter submitting 28 press releases'
  • TBA picnic at Liz & Ian's house on the 11th August  5.30 pm.
  • Stephanie reported a balance of $8388.27
  • 12,500 brochures to be printed.
  • Katja to check with Bob DeSiervo re. payment of $300 towards Town Hall Concert.
  • Kevin explained the new website.
  • River Valley Credit Union opened new branch in Townshend.
  • Discussion about other events to promote businesses.
  • Katja to research TBA businesses re. use of Facebook.
  • Discussion re. monthly newsletter. Walter & Bob to obtain information from Businesses.
Next Meeting - Tuesday July 14th, 2015 at Dam Diner  7-8 pm.
 

Meeting Minutes January 15, 2013

Meeting start: 7:00pm

Meeting end: 8:10pm

Townshend Business Association

Minutes of meeting on January 15th at Dam Diner:
Present
Celina Ayers
Stephanie Schryba
Ian Harrison
Katya Matthews
Kevin Burke
Rodney Rawson

  • Celina as Vice- President chaired the meeting.
  • Stephanie as Treasurer reported that our balance as of December 31st was $5592.12 and our profit from the Pumpkin Festival netted $2573.36.
  • The meeting voted to repay GCH Auxiliary $500 against the outstanding balance of $1000 for gazebo roof repair.
  • Meeting discussed opening sub account on existing TBA bank account for moneys to the scholarship fund – Celina to investigate.
  • Scholarship committee to discuss eligibility of students – priority to Townshend residents, but not exclusively.


Next meeting Tuesday 12th February 7-8pm at Dam Diner.